Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bad Mommy

Matty had been having some episodes at night where he would wake up crying that his feet hurt.  It didn't happen every night, but when it did he was always really, genuinely upset and he would just keep saying his feet hurt.  The only pattern we could find was that it usually happened after a day where he did a lot of running around.  In the morning, he would be fine.  We even asked the doctor at his three year check up and everything looked fine with his feet and legs.  Then, one day he casually mentioned (as we were running out the door) that every time I put his sneakers on his feet hurt.  Uh oh.  When I got him new sneakers three days later (terrible, I know), we put them on and he was so excited "These don't hurt my feet!".  Followed by him jumping and showing me, "Look, I can dance in these shoes!"  Matty was ecstatic, Mommy felt horrible.

Sorry, Matty--I'll make sure we don't cram your feet into too-small sneakers anymore!!  

Note:  We have not had any feet hurting in the middle of the night since we switched shoes. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, you're not a bad mommy! You got him new shoes, he's happy now!

    Why didn't he ever mention them hurting before when the shoes were on, rather than waking up in the middle of the night? How strange!

    ReplyDelete